Thursday, November 18, 2010

childhood movies

"You've got a friend in me"

"To infinity and beyond!"

"Reach for the sky!"

Yeah, all of these was from "Toy Story", which is a very popular movie since I was like, a baby. The first part of it was first shown on the 1995 (my birth year) and ever since the movie won the hearts of the children and the children like then. Four years later the second part was released, and this year (2010, 11 years after the second one) the final installment of the series was released. I am pretty excited about the last one, but upon watching it I felt sad, and a bit nostalgic. I was wondering where are my toys now? those toys I hide years ago to prevent them from being broken by a toddler or some younger relative. I felt sad because it's like watching your own childhood go too. It became a big part of my childhood, so i don't wonder at all why those teenagers and young adults who watched it actually cried.

The story taught us not only to take care of our toys and love them, but they also taught us the value of friendship over years.

Another movie that became a part of my childhood was "Harry Potter". Honestly, I didn't watched the whole series (I only watched the first part) but still, upon seeing the updates about the last installment, makes me sad. Also, upon seeing the screencaps/quotes/ everything HP on tumblr makes me sad too. Seeing them growing up is like seeing yourself growing up. It's like, you've grown to see them together as a kid, and as the years go by, seeing them going on separate ways, is like seeing myself moving on to college.

As for entering college, I suddenly remembered Andy, the child and the care-taker of Woody and company on Toy Story. I think I can relate to his story on TS3. Me, as upon exiting high school, has to let go to some of the things in my life. And as for friendships, I think it's hard for the Harry Potter trio to go to separate ways, like me and my present friends who's about to go to different directions sooner.

but here's that I can say, my childhood is love. Maybe those movies will come to an end, but the memories surrounding them will be forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment