Monday, July 14, 2014

there no place like home

I keep on seeing things about home and it makes me think of my own home

and how I'll miss it when the day I have to leave it happens

I will miss the crossing and all the establishments that makes up the place

the highway and the flyover and the way the sidewalks are so busy at twilight

the bus stop and the fishball stand and the way the whole place lights up at night

And yes it is no Manila at all but I love every single detail of it

the way it gets livelier as Christmas approach nearer and nearer

or the way I could name every single establishment on it

or just the feeling of the wind that could get hot or cold

the way you could see the clear blue skies in the day and see the stars at night

and just the way it just feels like home

And no matter where I go --- be it on the other side of the world, or in the City,

I wouldn't change it for the world.

For it holds my dear memories, be it the sad moments or the angry ones or the sunshine-y ones

or the times I eat my favorite streetfood on the way home and walking with someone I like

or simply just walking to unwind

I won't change it. My home home home.

(and to finish this post I'll leave ya with this because the concept there's no place like home, innit?)


No comments:

Post a Comment